Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I read something very true, very well put but also kinda like common sense in this article The Geopolitics of Football: "...when conflict stops, from Kosovo to Kabul, football is the first sign of a society returning to normal." See what's even more of a common sense is that, good writers, or popular writers, are sometimes just people who are able to put common knowledge really, really well. Anyways, this article appears on Project Syndicate, some site I wish I knew earlier. They feature lots of writings from pretty prominent thinkers, though most of them are economists. I never really studied economics myself, though I'm happy to read articles about it. But the truth is, we are living in a world right now that is dominated by economics and economists' thoughts. Every time when I read about China, I come across some issues on economics. For people who are more left than right, writers on Project Syndicate might not be the cool writers. They are not exactly the Right conservatives, but For myself, since I consider myself neither Left nor Right -- even though I sound/think/write like a left -- I feel good to read about this stuff, cause it makes me think from a new perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home