Friday, April 28, 2006

Be True to Yourself

I put up some new links, all related to HipHop culture -- the side that you might not hear in the media. I really don't remember how i came across these blogs, but i'm glad i did. In particular, i came across this one post and the comments/discussions are surprisingly well said: http://blogs.sohh.com/connect_politic/archives/2005/03/past_and_presen.html In fact, those cats there said most what i want to say, so i will shut for now. But I will definitely write about Hip Hop in future, for this is what I love. (I just realised the other day, it's been almost ten years since I bought my first Hip Hop CD...) And honestly, this power of the Internet keeps on amazes me. Especially everytime I find some blogs and articles that really resonate to my thoughts. It's like a whole new playground, with its potential stll be fully discovered. This just crazy. Peace. One note added 10 hours after: So I have been giving some thoughts to what was commented on that connect politics blog. And in response to that "conscious" hip hop or not, I just realized i have completely abandoned that term in recent years. None of that underground, backpack, conscious, message or whatever terms that people use to describe the hip hop that is not seen/heard in the mainstream because of its popularity, exposure, and saddest of all, marketing budget. I didn't do this intentionally, but I just don't think these terms give the sounds I love the most their credits. So I have adopted this instead, if I really need to refer to this category of Hip Hop that I like: Quality Hip Hop. With the name inspired by Talib Kweli's debut solo in year 2003, Quality.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aziz said...

glad to see something short

3:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home